Dr Beeney’s research focuses on coping with medical crises, physician-patient interaction, health-professional burnout and media communication about diabetes. Her research has received funding support from the NHMRC, National Heart Foundation and various other granting bodies. Linda presents regularly at international and Australian scientific conferences and is a frequent speaker for health professional and patient audiences.
Current Research Programs
- Media Communication about long-term Diabetes Complications
- Media messages about Diabetes treatment goals and targets
- Illness Distress and Adjustment to diabetes
- Health Professional Stress and Burnout
Please Contact Linda to discuss potential research collaborations or if you have any other questions about our research programs. See more of Linda’s publications and research work on Research Gate.
Recent Publications and Conference Presentations
- Beeney LJ: Messages About Major Complications In Diabetes-specific Print Media. American Diabetes Association scientific meeting, Boston, June, 2015
- Beeney LJ: Identifying and Managing Diabetes Distress. Endocrinology Today 2015 4(2): 21-23
- Beeney LJ + Mosely K: Role of media advertising messages in shaping patient expectations for diabetes control. APS College of Health Psychologists Conference, April 2015
- Beeney LJ: Print Media Messages about blood glucose targets. American Diabetes Association scientific meeting, San Francisco, June, 2014
- Beeney LJ: Discussing Distress with people with Diabetes – the Diabetes Psychologist perspective. ADS / ADEA Annual Scientific meeting, Melbourne, August 2014